4 Vine Tomatoes
3 Tablespoons of Cilantro
3 Garlic Cloves
1 1/1 teaspoons of salt
- Add the tomatoes and jalapeños into a pot
- Add water into the pot until all of the tomatoes and jalapeños are covered with water
- Place pot on stove on medium heat and cook for approximately 30 minutes or until the chiles have a yellow tint to them and the tomato’s skin starts to wrinkle.
- Take the pot off the stove
- In a blender add the garlic, cilantro (rip into small chunks), jalapeños, and tomatoes (optional: you can take the skin off the tomatoes)
- Smash tomatoes down with tongs
- Add salt and 1/4 cup of the water used to boil the tomatoes and jalapeños.
- Blend until desired consistency is achieved (the less you blend the chunkier it will be)
- The spice level of the salsa will vary based on the chile (some jalapeños are more spicy than others) but for the most part this salsa is a medium spice level.