Cook Time: Approx. 1 hr 25 Min
- 5-6 lb whole chicken
- 1/2 onion
- 2 corns
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 2 carrots
- 3 white potatoes
- 2 zucchinis
- 1 1/2 tablespoons salt
- 2 1/2 liters of water
- A pot
- A vegetable peeler
- Add 2 1/2 liters of water to your pot. Bring the water to a boil on a medium flame.(Takes approx. 10-15 minutes)
- While waiting for the water to boil, cut the whole chickens legs, wings, and breasts. Reference the video from 1:15-3:25 for further detail.
- Peel the husks off the two corns and break them each into two pieces (or more if desired)
- Cut a whole onion in half.
- Once the water in the pot comes to a boil add the chicken (including the bones), corn, onion, a whole bunch of cilantro, and salt in at once. Cook for 35 minutes.
- Prepare the vegetables. Cut the zucchini square pieces approx 3 inches (or as desired). Cut and peel the carrots and potatoes (Reference the video at 6:29 for sizing)
- After the pot with the chicken has been cooking for 35 minutes remove the bunch of cilantro and onion from the pot.
- Add the carrots and the potatoes to the pot. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove the chicken bones from the pot.
- After 10 minutes of cooking the carrots and potaotes add the zucchinis to the pot. Cook for 10 more minutes.
- Turn off flame. Cover pot with lid, and let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve and enjoy (I also like to put Mexican rice into my soup along with lime juice) Check out my Mexican rice recipe here: Mexican Rice Recipe